Newsletter 24a – Tuesday 23rd February 2021

Dear Parents/Carers,

I hope everyone is well and you had a good half term with your families. This is just a quick first letter of the new half term with some updates. I will be sending out my more detailed newsletter on Friday as usual. First of all you will notice the new letterhead above to reflect the fact that both schools are now part of a federation with our federated governing body now firmly established and the recent confirmed appointment of Ms D’Souza as the substantive head from April. I thought it was now appropriate to use the new letterhead and will continue to do so for all my newsletters this term.

I am sure you have heard by now the confirmation which came from the Government yesterday that all pupils can return to school on Monday 8th March, which is great news and something I had really hoped for, especially since this will be my last term at St Joseph’s. I will say much more about the return in my Friday newsletter with details and timetables, but essentially it will be a return to the arrangements we put in place during the autumn term with the staggered times etc. Meanwhile we will continue with the remote learning and the face to face lessons for vulnerable and key worker pupils for the next 2 weeks. As part of this, the Year 3 teachers will be running “live” lessons on Thursday morning for the Y3 pupils at school and at home and we want to try this with other year groups.

As part of the full return to school on Monday 8th March, we will be resuming both our Breakfast Club from 7:45-8:45am and the After School Club from 3:00-6:30pm. We will keep the prices (reduced from 2019-20) as before, so £2 per day for Breakfast Club and for the After School Club – £10 per day (£5 up till 4:30pm) and £40 for a full week. It would be useful if you could indicate whether you are likely to use either or both of these clubs so we can plan ahead for staffing etc.

As I mentioned above, I will be sending out my normal newsletter on Friday with more details about the full reopening on 8th March plus other school matters. Meanwhile I wish everyone a safe week ahead. We are now in the Season of Lent which is such a special and important time in the church year, so again it will be good to have all the children back for the second half of Lent and then all being well for Holy Week itself at the end of March.

Yours sincerely,

J Alexander (Head teacher)

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.