Remote Learning Timetables
You should try not to worry or put yourself under any pressure with home schooling during school closure; parents have many competing priorities at this time. However, wherever possible it is important to maintain a regular and familiar routine, using the class timetables provided on the Year Group pages.
Remember to also encourage your children to get some fresh air, jump on the trampoline, bake a cake, read a book, skype to Grandma and keep smiling.
Pupils and parents
Subject to accessibility we expect pupils learning remotely to:
- Be contactable during the school day
- Complete work to the deadline set by teachers
- Seek help if they need it, from teachers or teaching support staff
- Alert teachers if they are not able to complete work
We expect parents with children learning remotely to:
- Wherever possible, maintain a regular and familiar routine, using model timetable provided by the school to support this.
- Support their children in their reading as far as they are able, so that they continue to read their home reading book or access online reading resources.
- Support their children’s work as far as they are able, by discussing the work together and making appropriate plans for its completion. This can include providing a suitable place to work and encouraging their children to focus.
- Make the school aware if their child is sick or otherwise cannot complete work, or if the online platform does not work on their devices, whereupon alternative resources will be offered.
- Seek help from the school if they need it, contacting the school through agreed communication methods.