Newsletter No 36 – 22nd June 2020

Dear Parents/Carers,

Hope everyone has had a good and safe weekend. It looks like we are going to have our first serious summer heat wave this week so wherever you are please make sure you are taking all the usual precautions to protect your children and yourself and we will do the same in school for the pupils we have at the moment..

On Friday I set out my provisional ideas for having the other year groups back in school for a week each before the end of term. I have met with some of my staff this morning and we have mapped out a timetable for how this will happen safely given the current restrictions we have in school. I have also looked at the staffing we now have and the space to have additional pupils returning.

Below is the timetable for the phased return of the other year groups, alongside the existing timetable for the groups who have been coming into school. Please check this carefully, particularly which week your child can come in (each class will have one week in school) and arrival and departure times as these will be different from what they have been used to. Please try and keep as closely to these times as you can. Can I emphasize that no one will be forced to send their children back to school at this time and no parent will be fined for non-attendance. 

School Re-opening from Week of 29th June:  

Year 6: This timetable will stay as it is with the single group on Monday/Tuesday and the two groups on Wednesday/Thursday. The only change here is the Year 6s will finish school a week earlier on Thursday 9th July. I have already written to the Year 6 parents to inform them of this new end date.

Year 5: Both Year 5 classes can return in the last week of term – Monday 13th July to Thursday 16th July, arrival at 8:45am and departure at 3:00pm each day. Because the Year 6s will not be in school that week, the children can use the Year 6 classrooms to get them ready for September.

Year 4: Each class can come into school for 4 days (Monday to Thursday) – Class 4RB will return in the week of 29th June and Class 4P will return in the week of 6th July. For both classes arrival at 9:15am and departure at 2:45pm each day. They will have staggered play times and lunchtimes during the day.

Year 3: Each class can come into school for 4 days (Monday to Thursday) – Class 3H will return in the week of 29th June and Class 3K will return in the week of 6th July. For both classes arrival at 9:15am and departure at 2:45pm each day. They will have staggered play times and lunchtimes during the day.

Key Worker/Vulnerable Group: This group will continue to run each week from Monday to Friday until the last day of term on Thursday 16th July with the same timetable and arrangements each day. Please note that children who are in this group will remain here and cannot re-join their classes for the week they are in school.

Also please note the following important points for Years 3, 4 and 5 returns:

• The children will be in school from Monday to Thursday, Friday is for staff planning and additional cleaning as well as the regular daily cleaning.
    • The children should be in their summer uniform each day so no ties needed, they can wear summer dresses and the PE tops. Year 3 can come to school in their PE kit on Mondays and Year 4 on Wednesdays as these will be their PE days.
    • The children do not need to bring school bags or PE bags into school and they will not take anything home. Everything they need to have will be in their rooms and will stay in school.
    • They will need to bring bottled water to school each day, particularly in this very warm weather, as our water fountains have been shut down at the moment.
    • The children will be in their normal classrooms (except for Year 5 who will use the Year 6 classrooms for their week) and will be taught by their own teachers or other staff in their year group.
    • The children will wash their hands on arrival and at regular times throughout the day and will keep to the social distance guidelines. The classrooms have been re-organised so that the children have their own table and are spread out.
    • The children will have school dinners as normal unless they usually have a packed lunch.
    • When dropping off your child in the morning and collecting them in the evening, please respect the 2 metre distancing outside the school gate.Yours sincerely,

As I said above, it will ultimately be your decision as parents whether to send your child back. It will be nice to see many of the children again for those few days, but I fully respect and understand that some parents may be reluctant to send their children into school at this time. I will send a reminder letter about the re-opening on Friday.

Yours sincerely,

J Alexander (Head teacher)

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.